so First of all lets learn :
What is a Bit ?
A bit or binary digit is the basic unit of information in computing and telecommunications; it is the amount of information that can be stored by a digital device or other physical system that can usually exist in only two distinct states. These may be the two stable positions of an electrical switch, two distinct voltage or current levels allowed by a circuit, two distinct levels of light intensity, two directions of magnetization or polarization, etc.
What is the difference between 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows?
The terms 32-bit and 64-bit refer to the way a computer's processor (also called a CPU), handles information. The 64-bit version of Windows handles large amounts of random access memory (RAM) more effectively than a 32-bit system.
What are the Advantages of a 64bit Processor?
- The 64bit processor gives more greater performance then 32bit Processor.
- Allowing for the addressing of more of RAM, 64-bit processing can improve video encoding and decoding, CAD, VMs and some other applications.
- Ability to address memory amounts over four GB, and up to 16 exabytes
What are the Disadvantages of 64bit Processor?
- You’re currently not able to take full advantage of the technology because the software vendors haven’t made the switch from 32-bit to 64-bit processors.
- Most AMD Athlon 64 bit processors are expensive, with prices sure to go down in the future.
Note : You can Still use softwares built for 32bit processor but you cannot use 32bit drivers on 64bit processor
Here's a picture of software built for 32bit that works very well on 64bit , its a preview from task manager
All the software of 32bits are marked with a asterisk mark and 32 after it as you can see in the preview
Now all it ends here you , Hope you like it :D i m really happy with 64bit PC's as i myself use them they give out a high performance , no lags and hanging Up of PC :D