Creating custom Counter Strike 1.6 sprays
This is probably widely asked question and many people want to know how to do this,
so I'll be explaining it step by step to you..
What you need, is Counter Strike 1.6 and tool called HlTagConverter
I assume you already have Counter Strike 1.6 so here's the download link to
Download and unzip HlTagConverter_014.zip
Ok I think we are ready to start..
1. Create your image and save it to your hard drive (anywhere you want)
2. Open HlTagConverter by double-clicking it
3. Click button that says "1. Open Image" (it's the only active button at this point, or at least it should be! Very Happy)
4. Ok now browse to where you saved your image and open it, you should see your image
in the HlTagConverter program and on the right corner some random information of your image
5. So, we opened the picture, what next? Click the second button that says "2. Adjust Image"
(and it should be only active button at this point) You see some adjustment options, your
don't have to change them necessarily if you don't want to and I don't really even recommend
to change adjust options since they are good at default.. Notice you can't make the images bigger than
96*112 but smaller it is possible.. Ok lets move on.. Now click "AutoSize" button on the right corner..
6. Then simply click "Apply changes and convert to 256 colors" button
7. Now basically you are done.. Click "3. Save Tag" button and you get some weird
pop-up window, right? Okok don't worry, just select the "Export to WAD file" and click OK
8. Now browse to InstallHardDrive:\InstallDirectory(Normally Program Files)\Steam\SteamApps\USERNAME\counter-strike\cstrike\
you might want to create folder called "Sprays" where you place all you sprays by simply
right-clicking on blank area and choose new -> folder, save your image as Spray1.
Ok Now browse to this folder and copy (ctrl+c OR right-click -> copy) the Spray1.wad file to \cstrike\ folder
(You can "paste" it by clicking ctrl+v or right-click -> Paste) and delete old tempdecal.wad file and rename
your Spray1.wad to tempdecal.wad and right-click on it and goto Properties and then choose "Read Only"..
You can now close all the folders and programs..
That wasn't too hard was it? Ok have fun with your custom sprays Wink