Today i m going to show how to add Favicon to your WordPress site, well nowadays each blog its own favicon as a part of branding its website, well adding a favicon is not that difficult, but still some people find it, so today we will make it easy for adding favicon in WordPress blog.
Hello to all my visitors . Today morning I saw a comment on trily - blogger template.That my visitor cryptoGATO wanted to add this own favicon instead of default blogger favicon. so this is my todays topic so i m going to tell to you all how to do it. I think you might have seen my favicon Generator that i have made for you all.
So now lets get started :
- Login to your blogger dashboard
- Click on Design
- Click on Edit HTML
- Find this <b:skin><![CDATA[
- Then add the below code above the <b:skin><![CDATA[ :
- Replace Your Image Link with the link of your desired favicon.
- Then Click the preview button. If you can see the favicon on the address on the tab then you have successfully installed favicon.
- Then Click on Save.
se this online tool to easily create a favicon (favorites icon) for your site. A favicon is a small, 16x16 image that is shown inside the browser's location bar and bookmark menu when your site is called up. It is a good way to brand your site and increase it's prominence in your visitor's bookmark menu.
More information on favicon
After you've created a neat favicon, it's time to add it to your site. To do so, follow the below simple procedure:
- Upload the generated file ("favicon.ico") to your site. Verify it's there by typing http://mysite.com/favicon.ico in the browser's location, where "mysite.com" is your site's address.
- Next, insert the below code in the HEAD section of your pages, at the very least, your site's main index page:
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico">
- That's it! Note that your favicon may not appear immediately after you've completed the above two steps. In fact, it may take a few days, and in IE, sometimes the favicon will disappear from time to time due to a browser bug.